The Municipality is governed by an elected council consisting of a Mayor and four councillors elected for a term of four years.
It is the role of Council to represent the public, and:
- to consider the well-being and interests of the municipality;
- to develop and evaluate the policies and programs of the municipality;
- to determine which services the municipality provides;
- to ensure that administrative policies, practices and procedures;
- and controllership policies, practices and procedures are in place to implement the decisions of council;
- to ensure that accountability and transparency of the operations of the municipality, including the activities of the senior management of the municipality ;
- to maintain the financial integrity of the municipality and to carry out the duties of council under Municipal Act or any other act. 2001, c.25, s.224; 2006, c.32, Sched. A, s.99.