Good morning students,
I have a fun challenge for all you. I am sure you are all familiar with the very popular children’s television program TVOKids!
Well TVOKids and our firefighter friends would like all families to test the smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms in their homes. It’s easy to do but first you must get permission from your parents.
It’s very important to have smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms that work, because they have a very important job to do. These alarms will make a noise that will alert everyone in the home that to the presence of fire or carbon monoxide.
To make sure the alarms are working, push the test button for 10 seconds. If the alarm doesn’t sound, parents need to replace the battery or the alarm.
After testing the smoke alarms, everyone in your home should make a plan on what to do if there was a real fire. Find out the ways everyone would get out safely and decide on a meeting place outside of the home.
Go to www.tvokids.com until March 14 and enter the number of smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms tested at home.
I hope you will all remember to ask your parents to test your alarms after school.
A clear area around hydrants cuts down of Fire Fighter response time.
Say something about this video...Posted by Apple Valley Fire on Wednesday, December 15, 2010
It's that time of year again. Watch the video e-card packed with holiday fire safety tips! Have a safe holiday season from all of us at the Markstay-Warren Fire Department!
- Fire Department Recruitment Drive October 2015
- October is Fire Prevention Month!
- The Great Canadian Smoke Alarm Test!
- Introducing the Learn Not to Burn Program
- Public Education Matters! - Beat the Silent Killer
- Public Education Matters! TVO Kids and OFMEM want you to push two buttons
- Fire Season 2015
- Carbon Monoxide Alarms It’s the Law
- Chimney Cleaning and Ash Disposal
- Markstay-Warren Receives New Pumper-Tanker