The railway reached what would become the village of Markstay in 1883. The railway station became a focal point for the community. Markstay was not accessible by road until the early decades of the 20th century, and thus all newcomers and residents arrived in the village via train. The prospectors, lumbermen, railway workers, and farmers who came to this area by train eventually brought their families and began the settlements that characterise the area to this day.
The Veuve River CPR Station was also constructed in 1883, one year after the Canadian Pacific Railway arrived in Sudbury. The station was initially situated halfway between the village of Hagar and the village of Warren. In 1890, the station was moved further east to the village of Warren in order to accommodate the needs of the Imperial Lumber Company and its mill. By 1905, five passenger trains stopped at Warren every day The most recent railway building was built in 1929. As the most important means of transporation for people, mail, and goods, the railway station was the centre of communication for Warren for years.
The advent of the automobile triggered the decline of the railway system. Declining use led the CPR to close the Warren Station in 1960 and the Markstay Station in 1969. The Markstay Station was dismantled, while the Warren Station was converted into a hardware store before ultimately being demolished in 1980.